Ideas 2 Action
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andrew Spiteri

Go down

Andrew Spiteri Empty Andrew Spiteri

Post  Andrew Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:00 pm

Hey everybody, I'm Andrew Spiteri. I'm a senior in International Relations with a specialization in Science Policy and I work with beyond Coal when I have the time. I'll probably be graduating next spring right after I finish off my internships. I've been hoping to find somewhere I would like to intern at in DC when I go there for Powershift. I'm not sure exactly what I'd be looking for though. When I originally came to school I thought I wanted to work on changing health and food problems around the world as they developed from climate change. I wanted to help run a non-profit where we identified problem areas around the world and worked to make or keep the communities that lived there self-sustaining. Ideally it would have been a fairly decentralized process with a lot of community input on how the programs should be run and what was needed in the area. That didn't really work out so well but maybe I can find something related to that in the internship I get.

I haven't done much gardening in the past but I'm really looking forward to the community gardening project Kirk is putting together. I've been waiting to do this for a really long time. I'm also interested in permaculture so hopefully I'll get to learn a lot about that in through these projects. That and composting.

Nice to meet everybody.

Andrew

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum